Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Coupon Stacking for more savings



 Stacking coupons for more savings
One of the biggest tricks to saving more income is to stack coupons.  That means, you will have to do your homework to see if the place you are looking to shop has a rewards program and how it works.

Most store will allow stacking in several ways but be POSITIVE before you gather all your items to checkout.  Nothing worse than having a cart full of items only to find out you cannot combine all the coupons you have for each product.

Here is are things to check out at EACH store.  Do not assume all stores are the same.

  • Rewards programs that offer cash
  • Actual store coupons
  • Manufacturing coupons

For example, if you have a rewards card from CVS, they have a price check box that looks like this.


This machine not only price checks but gives you coupons when you scan your rewards card.

Here is what they look like

You also need to check the expiration date on all your coupons.  I would make sure I was really organized because there are times when you have a $5 CVS reward that is just like cash so you do not want to miss out on getting things for free,

Remember as I explained in the CVS adds, there are times when you have to spend money in order to start getting the BONUS bucks like shown below

As you see on the bottom left, there is a GET $5 when you spend $15 on Mabelline cosmetics.
So, I would check all my coupons to see what I need and if my coupons get me a deal so I spend the $15 to get my rewards.  

Many time I would keep saving my bonus bucks so I could do a larger order and get many items, this is when you really start saving money but again you have to have the initial money to spend to get started doing things this way.  I started with $20 and that is the money I was able to use over and over as I started stacking coupons to get all my household needs.

Many of the items below were just from my initial start of $20 that I kept recycling with my Extra Bucks from Walgreens and CVS


So here is how to stack coupons......

Example:  If you are buying bottle body soap and they are 2 for$6 and you have a coupon that is $1 off of one bottle, you can STACK 2 of those $1 coupons now making your body soap $4.  

The store may also have a STORE coupon for $0.50 off a bottle so now you need them to scan that coupon twice because you have 2, so now your body soap is 2 for $3 BUT you have rewards you have been saving so you can use $3 towards this purchase making the items FREE!!!

(Remember if you take a coupon from the box next to the product, that is a manufacturing coupon and not a store coupon.  Most store coupons will be either in a different paper or as shown with CVS through a coupon box and it will more than likely always have the store name on the coupon,

You really need to think outside the box.  I am not saying to scam to get things for FREE or call it a scam because you were not able to stack certain coupons because of the store policy with coupons but if you get creative, you can get many items for next to nothing once you get a routine going.




392x72